Is TracFone "disposable"?


I heard some bozo the other day refer to my TracFone as "a disposable phone."

"Excuse me? What does that mean exactly?"

Well, the guy was a friend so I was polite, but he stammered and stuttered and said something about it being "disposable" because I didn't have a contract.

That's what made it "disposable?" The fact that I didn't have a stupid, expensive contract that tied me to my cell-phone provider for two years (or more) made my phone "disposable"?!?

I think not.

The fact is that my TracFone gets great reception and saves me tons of money. I didn't have to sign up for two years, go through a credit check or subject myself to bills with crazy charges and screwy fees for things I don't want... and sure as hell don't want to pay for, either.

I don't understand why prepaid phones don't get the love they deserve. My cousin lived in Europe for a a few months for his jobs and told me that most phones over there are prepaid. So what is the big deal?

I think we're been brainwashed. Maybe it's because we think that signing a contract to use a phone is normal and natural. It isn't.

In fact, I think the contract is what needs to be disposable. ASAP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment